Sunday, March 26, 2017

I am an introverted mom to an extroverted kid!!

The damm personalities again… Clash of the Titans again!! Only this time it’s my personality with that of my little monster.

To stand and make a light conversation can get my stress levels high. Well, as an introvert I hate talking in crowd. I can’t imagine befriending people on my own. I hate parties unless some bones of mine have been intoxicated and I am just a nervous wreck having to meet new or even known people especially if they are loud and boisterous.  Seriously, how do I manage one over-grown kid and one to be growing kid both over-excited and overtly restless?  But as an adult you can get away with lot of things that you want to avoid intentionally. But not as a mother to an over enthusiastic toddler. Having a quiet moment was my treasure that was suddenly snatched when my little munchkin suddenly became a monster to reckon with.

I am surrounded with moms who want to go to cafes and chill while their little ones are in school trying to decipher their A,B,C and Ds. So I duck and avoid - that’s the easy part. But how does one avoid the birthday parties? So, I drag myself with a bright smile only because my monster has to attend his friend’s birthday and give him his ‘gift’. So while he is busy with his gang I try to do small talks with my fellow mommies and surprise surprise the topic of discussion is ‘mom-in-law’ so I duck further and try to find my monster only to find his clothes messed up with some lovely chocolate cake with a wide grin on his face. 

I catch my moment of sanity by cleaning him but he is more than comfortable in the mess wanting to show off to his friends.  From when was a messy tee-shirt an in-thing?

I always knew my monster would be one hell of a determined guy but surely I realised the super market isn’t a place for that right now. So I put him in the trolley and we start our shopping with the list. But the adamant fellow wants to walk besides me pulling out his juices, milk cartons and chocolates by himself, pulling down half things along with it. And when I give him the murderous look he makes the sorriest face that I can’t help but smile. Without any options I make him sit on the trolley and I finally sigh a relief. But nonetheless the game isn’t over. “Excuse me everybody. Please move aside,” he shrills. The shoppers turn and smile giving my trolley a way to move.  Oh, how I wish the ground could swallow me right then rather than trying to push the trolley between the amused shoppers. And it doesn’t end. He doesn’t stop. He has to say thank you to each one of them. Why can’t he just sit and enjoy his cookies and chips, I wonder?

If cookies and chips don’t work, surely an ice-cream works when you want to sit in peace. But my monster thinks otherwise for sure. As a family outing we go grab a scoop. So my little fellow wants the pink colour ice cream. Just as I place the order I see he has disappeared. I spin my head and find him face-to-face with an adversary with a look that either of them challenging the other. So I jump in with a, “what happened,” and his adversary is quick to respond. It’s not pink colour ice-cream, its strawberry ice cream.  And how can the monster stay behind. So in a rather powerful force he says, “Its pink colour ice- cream not strawberry. So I Ms. Explanation tries to enlighten his rival, its strawberry but he does not know the name so for him its pink colour. The next thing my monster’s rival is categorically asked to mind himself and is dragged with a chocolate ice cream. My introverted eyes kept looking at my monster happily licking his pink ice cream not wanting to be dragged out but wanting to finish it there itself. How much I wished to disappear from the face of this earth. But alas, we go back with a big grin on his face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspite of his faults....

He is not perfect and neither are you He comes with his flaws and so do you He may not love you the way you want him to He may not ...